Shigeki Fujishiro was born in 1974, Tokyo, graduated from Wako University, economic major and also graduated from Kuwasawa Design. He worked for IDEE in Tokyo from 1998 to 2005 as an in house furniture designer for its line. He opened own studio, shigeki fujishiro design in 2005.
Exhibited at Tortoise in 2008, “FRAMES” and in 2009, “KNOT basket”.
These are available only in store or by phone order.
- FRAMES mobile BLUE: $450 : painted hinoki Japanese cypress : hand made by the artist
- size of largest piece : 13.5″ x 13.5″ x 1.5″H
“A mobile is a type of kinetic art, first discovered by Marcel Duchamp and Alexander Calder. It was a new art concept and expression which mixes space and time (motion).
These “FRAMES” were very much affected by such concept of mobiles, but more graphic.
The transparent thread make the mobile float on air. You can enjoy the art that light and shadow creates through these frames.”
- FRAMES mobile RED $400 : painted hinoki Japanese cypress : hand made by the artist
- size of each piece : 1.5″ x 1.5″ x 10″ L
- KNOT basket : small $250 large $300 : cotton 100% : hand woven by a craftsman
- approx. size: large 13.5″ x 13.5″ x 10″ small 12″ x 12″ x8″
- EIFFEL stool : Gray $130, Brick $130 : self-assembles requested :
- size: W18.5″ x D15.5″ x H17″